Racial Harmony Day

I think as Mrs Tan (not the principal) aptly put it just now, this isn't really Racial Harmony Day. It's slacker day. And quite right she is.

In RGS, Racial Harmony Day is a no-lesson day, whereby you generally have fun and eat lots of junk and take even more photos. I heard that someone took 100 plus shots today.

We were actually supposed to wear ethnic costumes to school today. Seriously, how many people actually did it? Most people either:

1. Didn't care at all

2. Wore school uniform

3. Wore normal street clothes

4. Wore normal clothes and gave a sad excuse of a shawl for it to pass of as ethnic

5. Came up with something really weird

I believe that pretty much defeats the purpose. But then again, I myself do not wish to do anything so I guess things are okay as they are right now.

We were supposed to complete some activities and I finished them all before recess even finished. And so I walked (aimlessly) around school, and now have decided to reside in the classroom until further notice. The temperature out there is real high. I want it to rain so bad. The classroom aircon isn't working, as usual, but at least it's better than outside. I'll be going out after school so I might post another entry later.

-Okay, what really happened is that I reached home and made an attempt at posting a picture up but again blogger doesn't want to let me so I gave up. Meanwhile I opened this entry to edit a spelling mistake and decided to just continue updating here.-

After school ended I actually was supposed to go out with Avonne, Sara and some other person from some other class. Her name's Hannah if I'm not wrong. On the (very) crowded bus, I met Lyn, XM and Hamsie. So I decided to go with them instead, because I heard that Hamsie was going to erm, buy, eyelash curlers. I thought that the events regarding that purchase might be rather amusing, and besides, I was hungry and they were going to eat first, whereas Avon, Sara and company weren't. So I went with Hamsie and company instead.

Actually right now I could go on and on about what happens when people board the buses, but I think I'll save it for later. Continuity. That's supposed to be important.

At Plaza Singapura, XM, Hamsie, Lyn and me met Hamsie's mum and her aunt and Hamsie's little cousin who proudly told me that she's going to be 6 soon. Her definition of soon is December.

We ate lunch at Mos Burger and I became under pressure to perform a trick for Hamsie's little cousin. Well, obviously no one said anything, but I could like feel it so I decided to do one, just one and end the matter there.

For general info, I did the disappearing deck, with the deck reappearing in my back pocket.

Good enough. She's too young to understand (relatively) complicated card tricks anyway I think.

After lunch we went to buy the eyelash curler. I felt totally out of place at the shop, and everyone who knows me offline will realise why. That sort of shop is absolutely not my type of place. Anyway I spent most of my time in there smsing.

Then I went off to meet Clement and ZL and WY at the MRT.

On the subject of the MRT, I could again go on about the second round of the London Blasts which I read on the headlines this morning, but again, that has to be saved for later, for pretty much the same reasons.

We went to the arcade.

Being deprived of such fun when I was younger, I have never been inside an arcade. I've only watched from the outside. Therefore I do not know how anything in there works at all. And I just watched them do stuff. There was a drum thing, and there was one boy who was just so freaking good at it. He seemed to be able to comprehend 5 different columns saying 5 different things at the same time, and hit all the right places at the perfect times! For first-time arcade go-ers like me, that is just totally impossible. And there was also this guy on the dance machine, and he was so damn fast. Sheesh.

On ZL's request, we took a neoprint. Then we smartly chose the fast option, and the stupid thing took a picture every 2 seconds. So we ended up with relatively crap pictures. And then we did stupid things to the pictures when we were editing them, and there was one which turned out with flowers everywhere! And the pictures were so pink. Because the backdrop was pink.

If you had to know, I hardly ever take neoprints. So it was an event worth mentioning.

We had the usual problems with who takes what and what size etc. outside the arcade, and we were about to turn into an illegal gathering (but then Clement said that illegal gatherings must have at least 5 people). When cards come out people tend to think we're gambling or something. Their imaginations are just not very stretched and therefore they tend to think like that. But seriously, if we wanted to gamble, we wouldn't do it in such an obvious location like directly outside the arcade.

ZL had to go and WY said that she would only go to Chinatown with me and Clement if ZL came along. So that means she didn't go either.

At Chinatown, the shop was closed. Again. Everytime we go there it's closed. We hung around the other shop where there are lots of decks on display, and surprisingly the guy somewhat remembered us. We were looking at decks and Aragorn figurines when we suddenly spotted a 3 volume VCD. The contents of the VCD is rather interesting, and I never expected it to be there. Neither did Clement, I suppose. I bought that thing after that. In case the next time I went back there was no more. There were only 2 copies.

We went over to the other side and saw this shop dealing in corporate gifts, and struck gold on an idea which has to do with HoM. I think I had better develop the idea further before saying anymore.

I took bus back from Chinatown and fell asleep to the voice of Jean-Baptiste Maunier. I'm not saying that his voice is boring, it's just that I'm sleepy and he happened to be the track that I was playing at that time.

I got home and I switched on the computer and typed out this entry.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

1:58 pm, July 24, 2005

*coughmaccough* *coughclementcough* yep. *coughs* oh yar.. my junior took pics of jbm while he was singing. and he had specs on. he looked olddddddddddd. pooey. and she had this like.. supposedly relaxed pic of him. which also looked quite bad. sigh. sadness of this world. why did you have to change your blog templateeeeeeee???!!!!!!!!    



5:11 pm, July 24, 2005

why shouldn't i change it??    



» Post a Comment