Hmmmmmm

Well, I was lying on the bed eating ice cream, (yes, I seriously was doing that..) and at the same time while staring at the fan go round and round I was thinking about the travel and adventure programme I had just seen on Discovery Channel.

Anyway, if you had to know, I wasn't lying on my bed. I was lying on my parent's bed. That's because it's king sized, and it provides ample room for me to stretch out without the unpleasant experience of hitting the edge of the bed and creating more blue-blacks for myself.

My parent's room has a ceiling not unlike that of a Swiss chalet. Why it looks like that I'm afraid I can't explain. I know this seems like complete randomness on my part, but believe me, it makes sense.

The programme on Discovery was one of those Globe Trekker things, to San Francisco this time. I've been to San Francisco before. Just that somehow I don't remember it as it was in the programme. The programme showed the true vibrancy and character of the city, whereas when I went there it really didn't seem like much. I suppose that was because I was younger then, and I may not have understood stuff.

Then again, I don't remember doing much there except having the wind cut across my face like a knife (literaly) while I was on the deck of a speed boat rushing around in the San Francisco Bay in the deep of winter.

Why I was stupid enough to stay on the deck when I could have sought refuge somewhere else is beyond me. But I did stay on the deck. That I know because I got really really cold. Basically, I've been to a lot of places, but I don't think I've really experienced them. Now I want to go back, and experience what I've missed out.

The relation to the Swiss chalet has to do with my trip to Switzerland in December 2003. That was a long time ago, in my terms, because 2 years of my life is like 1/8th of it. Switzerland was a really cool place (pun intended).

Me being the sad deprived person I was (I know you all are thinking "yeah right") had never seen snow before. By that I mean, real snow, not the sad excuse of ice they pass off as snow to innocent young kids and not-so-innocent parents who pay a bomb just to go in there and play with ice shavings.

Seriously, even the ice kachang ice is more fun than that. And the ice kachang ice has colour. And it tastes nice. And also it smells better. Maybe it's just me, because how many people have had the experience of actually taking a walk inside the penguin enclosure in the Bird Park? I did, when I was in primary school. It was part of some holiday programme. To put it simply, the penguin enclosure stanked. It was absolutely not cold, and the 'ice' was like, styrofoam. It was a great disappointment.

So, Snow City, smells like a watered-down version of a penguin enclosure, has the same sad excuses of 'ice', aka, styrofoam, and has like this mountain of... ice shavings! Even the temperature cannot be trusted. Because I say that I can survive in there for like 2 hours wearing jeans and T shirt, and the temperature chart says minus 7 degrees.

Maybe the temperature is real, but they forgot a seriously important factor. The wind factor. Have you ever been to a mountain or something which can faintly pass off as a mountain (or a hill) and there is absolutely no wind?

In all, I miss those places. And I desperately want to go back to experience what I didn't get a chance to experience, or maybe I did, but I kind of don't remember. The trip to France gave me a great introduction to that country. And I do want to go back again. England, however, was more of a disappointment to me, possibly because I've been there more than once before, and somehow it just doesn't feel so nice.

But I do want to go to Ironbridge again. I want to go to the Victorian Town at Blists Hill. I don't care if the admission charge is 10 pounds. I'm going.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment