The End, and The Beginning.

It's the end of options. It ended today with 2 tests. And I suppose that also means that it's the end of all my possible excuses for not studying Chinese. While still on that topic, I'm screwed for it. Totally.

What will possibly happen to me if I fail Chinese? I will feel miserable and then get over it and probably fail it again. However, if I pass it, then I will be happy, forget every word I ever learnt, and get on with life.

Feeling relatively bored and unmotivated. It rained heavily today after English, and Manori was pissed because it rained (very heavily) on the day she forgot to bring her umbrella and didn't bring her jacket either! It is indeed a rather rare sight to see Manori without her jacket and in pinafoe.

And, when I can still think about pinafoes, it occured to me that I saw several RJ girls at the PS bus stop on the way home. I was highly amused by the way they wore the uniform, and then I remembered that I'm going there next year too. That is, if I go there.

Today in the library before English, we talked a bit about IB, and it's benefits over A Levels. I really don't know what I'll do if I do badly in my A Levels, because I have absolutely nothing to fall back on. But it will be the same way with IB. Except that I have the potential of doing slightly better there because they take CIP into consideration. And anyway IB is more widely recognised, whereas A Level is recognised in England, Australia, Singapore, and other more British-leaning countries which generally drive on the left side of the road.

But as with everything and anything, I suppose it has its drawbacks as well.

Still, because of that conversation, I've been presented with yet another dilemma, to top off my subject combination one.

That one is yet another stupid thing.

You see, this time round, my GPA has improved tremendously, and I got 3.6 for 4 subjects. English, SS, Chem and Bio. But, the thing is, I don't intend to take science at JC because I don't like science, and I don't see myself doing science in the future. It's just not... me. And then, the practical side comes in. I score better in science. Face it. I know I do. And I also know that I could have gotten GPA 4.0 for Chem had I not started studying the night before.

But if I do science, I will have a combination something like Chem, Maths, Econs, History/Lit. It's kind of weird and half-half, if you know what I mean. It's neither here nor there. And, what can I possibly study in uni if I do that? Business, probably. Which is currently my backup plan, because I'm not really interested.

I don't know. I submitted my form already. And I sure as hell hope I don't regret.

One more week, and I reach the end, and another beginning. But maybe I don't want to go.


« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

5:51 pm, October 29, 2005

good luck for o levels    



» Post a Comment