Parkway Foodcourt

So, I spent yet another dinnertime at the Parkway foodcourt again, and this time, I had the chance to witness 2 seperate incidents which set me thinking.

The first one was when my bro and I were looking for a seat.

There was one, an empty-looking one, and my bro went there. Then he came back, saying that the seat had already been tissue-paper-choped.

Now, if there is one thing I simply cannot stand in foodcourts, it would be tissue-paper-choping.

This method of reserving seats is utterly and completely ridiculous. It makes no sense at all. Using a packet of tissue paper to reserve a seat!!?! Since when did tissue paper take over a living human being? If there is someone there who tells me that the seat's occupied, I'll be fine with it. It's just that using a packet of tissue paper is just not justifiable. If you put your handphone there I might just forgive you. But of course no one would do that, would they? Because handphones are expensive. And tissue paper is not. Right. I guess that makes sense. But still, it's just purely inconsiderate.

So after the tissue-paper-choping incident, found a seat which did not have any tissue paper packet on it. It's quite a rarity.

And then shortly after we sat down, a family comprising a mother and 3 young children sat down at the table next to ours. And the mothers' use of English was the cause of much of my amusement.

"Sit down.. sit down.. I'll go call some fries for you."

How, may I ask, does one call fries?

According to me, there are 2 possible ways to call fries. If you have more ways, feel free to comment at the comments system down there somewhere at the end of this entry and tell me about it.

First way.
"Fries! Fries! Come here! Where are you!?!"
There you go. Calling for fries.

Second way.
-Picks up handphone-
"Uh.. hello? Can I speak to Fries please?"
And this would be calling Fries.

Yes, I do know that the mother actually intended to say that she was going to order some fries for her children, but it's just that the usage of English was just a little, wrong? And with amusing connotations.

But well, I guess I spend too much of my time thinking about things that aren't that important, or are they?
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

10:31 pm, September 09, 2005

hahahha. damn funny (= youre so amusing. and the tchrs day pics, how come you never put up the *SIGNIFICANT* ones? i WANT!    



9:25 am, September 10, 2005

hahaha. you funny pok =)
okayyy, i never knew that seats in food court can be tissue paper choped. I seriously thought you were being sarcastic at first. But then, 'tissue-paper-choped' thats pretty unfair yea? And since i don't know, if i did see one (though i pro. won't notice), i would still seat. HA!

Fries ehh? At least you received some entertainment during dinner ^_*    



11:18 am, September 10, 2005

im sian. blog more. more interesting stuff too yar? i'm relying on you to keep in contact with the outside world. >.<    



11:37 am, September 10, 2005

uh, lyn, there's something called the newspapers and television for a reason, and also this thing, what do you call it, oh, the internet, which you and me use rather frequently..

anyway, yeah, we're back to school soon, so i guess you'll be fine.

as for sumin, yes, seats can be tissue-paper-choped. it's just stupid lor.    



» Post a Comment