Random musings

Attended the second maths lecture today, and I actually managed to pay attention throughout the entire thing, which is probably a record. Considering that the topic was functions, it definitely is worth mentioning. I knew that domain and range existed, but I never really figured out which was which until today.

I spent a whole lot of time in the library, reading random books I pick up. And, as unbelievable as it sounds, I almost finished going through (and understanding) chapter zero. I'm quite happy about that. I shall not slack for maths. I know Mrs Chew is probably gonna laugh.

I spent a whole lot of time in the library this week, and I noticed several people pouring over chemistry-looking notes. However, upon a closer look, I discovered to my horror that it was not supposed to be chemistry, it was biology. The whole thing looked so complicated and cheem and I was suddenly extremely glad to have dropped all the sciences except for maths.

As the title states, this is random, and I just happened to remember an incident which took place a week or so ago.

I was in the MRT with my OG, and there was this little boy who couldn't have been more than 6 years old. He was climbing up the metal poles and hanging on the hand holds. It was quite amusing, because he somehow managed to climb up the poles surprisingly fast, and he was definitely very agile. Considering that he was probably about 1 metre in height, it was quite a feat for him. So he provided entertainment until we got off the train.

That incident reminded me of primary school oral exams, where you have to read a passage and describe a picture.

One of the classic pictures was one where they depict the inside of an MRT carriage. There would be some kids eating, and then there would be a "no eating" sign. You were supposed to say that they shouldn't eat in the train because it could dirty the train and the other passengers... blah blah blah.

And there would also sometimes be a couple of kids sitting on the floor at the doors and blocking the way, and if you wanted to get any marks, you had to say that they shouldn't block the way, and also occasionally there would be an elderly person standing up, and we were supposed to say that one of the kids were supposed to give up the seat to the elderly person.

The one thing that they never failed to leave out would be to picture at least one kid hanging from the hand holds or climbing up the metal poles.

The thing was, until that day with my OG, I had never actually seen anyone even attempt to climb up the metal poles. So that little boy reminded me of the oral examination pictures, and then it also occurred to me that in all those pictures, only boys were ever pictured climbing. Never girls. I don't know why. I'm just glad that I don't have to describe anymore pictures.

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment