A Box of Chocolates II

To quote Tom Hank's character in Forrest Gump,

"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

I had a box of chocolates.

I opened it. I ate some. It tasted alright. I was going to continue eating it when.. someone decided to give me another box.

I looked at the new box of chocolates.

It was pretty on the outside. It looked promising. I asked some people what they thought about the chocolates inside, and they gave mostly positive reviews. However, I was also aware that there were some bitter ones inside.

So I closed the old box of chocolates and opened the new one.

It's been a month since I've opened the new box of chocolates. At first, the chocolates tasted bitter. I missed the sweetness of the previous box. After eating something really sweet, something relatively less sweet tastes a lot less sweeter than it really is. I thought that I would be able to wash down the old taste with water and start to enjoy the new one.

But I was wrong.

The old taste lingers. Every time I eat from the new box, I am reminded of what I left behind.

I really am tempted to go open the old box again. But that's just not logical.

Had I known what the new box really tasted like, I would never have opened it.

But I didn't know.

And now I'm not sure I can open the old one again.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment